- HOW DO I...
- +APPLY FOR...
- +DISPOSE OF...
- +LEARN ABOUT...
- +PAY FOR...
- +REGISTER FOR...
- +RENT OR RESERVE
- -REPORT A...
- +REQUEST A...
- +START A BUSINESS
The Code Enforcement Division works with residents and business owners to maintain the appearance and safety of the community and protect the quality of life through enforcement of our City ordinances and land use regulations. These include those related to licensing of specific types of businesses, short-term vacation rentals and Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) collection.
Our officers are dedicated to work in partnership with all and to be responsive and solution-oriented. The City strives to promote and protect the welfare of the community to keep Solana Beach a safe, healthy and desirable place to live and work.
- Complaint Forms
A signed citizen's complaint form must be submitted before a complaint can be investigated. All complaints filed with the city are confidential. Please make sure to include your name, address and phone number on the complaint form so that Code Compliance Staff can contact you if they have any questions.
You may obtain a copy of the Complaint Form below, or by visiting the City of Solana Beach City Hall located at 635 South Highway 101, Solana Beach, CA 92075.
- Regulatory Business Licensing/Permits
- Parking/Traffic/Vehicle Citations
Please call the Citation Processing Center at 1-800-989-2058 for more information about citations.
Payment for tickets is not accepted at City Hall. Citations should be paid by mail, sending the proper penalty amount in Money Order or Check (payable to the City of Solana Beach). Please do not send cash. Enclose the Notice of Parking Violation with your payment and/or proof of correction and mail it to:City of Solana Beach Citation Processing Center
P.O. Box 10479
Newport Beach, CA
Payment by credit card may be made online at www.citationprocessingcenter.com or by calling 1-800-989-2058. Please allow a few days for your citation to be entered into the database. The penalty fee increase will begin 21 days after your citation is entered into the database. Your Citation Number starts with SB on the Notice of Parking Violation.
Appeals are not accepted at City Hall. All citation appeals are handled in writing, with a written explanation and request for administrative review sent to:
City of Solana Beach
Citation Processing Center
P.O. Box 10479
Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479
A payment plan for indigent persons is available under California Vehicle Code 40220:
1) A payment plan is available for indigent persons that allows payment for unpaid parking penalties and related service fees in monthly installments no more than $25, for total amounts due that are $500 or less.
2) The amount of late fees and penalty assessments waived pursuant to (5) shall not be counted in calculating that total amount of $500 or less.
3) Unpaid parking penalties and fees shall be paid off in 24 months.
4) There shall be no prepayment penalty for paying off the balance prior to the period expiring.
5) All late fees and penalty assessments, exclusive of any state surcharges described in sections 70272, 76000, and 76000.3 of the Government Code, will be waived if an indigent person enrolls in the payment plan. Waived late fees and penalty assessments may be reinstated if the person falls out of compliance with the payment plan.
- Vehicle Permit Application
Recreational vehicle permits are available for 24-hour intervals of up to five (5) days out of every month for a resident or their guest. The five (5) days can be used consecutively or non-consecutively.
- Short-Term Vacation Rentals (STVR)
The City has special regulations and a permit process for the rental of residential property for 7 to 30 consecutive days, regardless of building size, including multiple-family buildings, duplexes, and single-family residences. Short-term vacation rental (STVR) regulations, permit applications, and notices (signs) to post on and in your short-term vacation rental are available below.
- Transit Occupancy Tax (TOT)
The Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) is a percentage of the rent charged to transient guests in hotels/motels, including properties rented through home sharing services like Airbnb.
To submit a City TOT Return Form, complete the form and submit it to the Finance Department with a check for the correct amount. Monthly payments shall be due and payable on or before the last date of the month immediately following the month for which the payment is due. Accepted payment delivery methods are either mail that is post-marked by the due date or delivery to City Hall during business hours. If you have any questions regarding the TOT Return Form, call the Finance Department at 858-720-2460, or send them an email.